Career Opportunity – Chief Librarian
EXTENDED TO JULY 20, 2018.
The Creston Valley Public Library, located in beautiful Creston, B.C., is seeking a Chief Librarian to provide leadership in a dynamic and evolving community library. Creston is known for its mild climate, strong agricultural roots, and affordable housing. The community includes a multifaceted recreation centre, an award winning farmers market and continuing education is available through College of the Rockies Creston campus. This position offers an opportunity to consolidate traditional librarian responsibilities while moving the library towards appropriate emerging technologies. The librarian reports to the Library Board and is guided by the strategic directions, policies, and regulations as set by the Board.
Qualifications: A graduate degree from an accredited Library Science Information program or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Further requirements include:
- an established record of progressive leadership experience in a public library
- proven ability to manage a diverse team including both paid staff and volunteers,
- thorough knowledge of current trends and developments in library services,
- demonstrated budgeting and financial management skills,
- excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills,
- excellent organizational skills in managing multiple projects and working under time constraints,
- strong decision-making and problem solving abilities, and
- sensitivity and diplomacy in dealing with human resource issues.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and academic/professional qualifications. Benefits include extended health, group life benefits and pension plan.
We thank all applicants for their consideration of the Creston Valley Public Library for employment. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews and incomplete applications will not be processed. Short listed candidates may undergo a criminal record check and/or verification of their education credentials, as required. To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by 5:00pm July 20, 2018. Please forward applications to: