Avoid the “Summer Slide” and keep your kids reading all year round.
The focus of Summer Reading Club is on reading for enjoyment. Children choose what they want to read, and simply note down each day what they are reading. They receive incentives to keep up their reading throughout the summer, including stickers, prizes, and a medal and certificate for completing the program. They can also take part in fun, optional activities at the library each week.
Reading together with parents counts too!
SRC runs from July 10 to August 25. Registration for the program and for optional activities is required.
REGISTER FOR SRC
Registration is free. Register in person at the library beginning June 22. You can register throughout the summer. Participants will receive a Reading Record, SRC stickers, SRC Bookmark, 3D thingy, and the opportunity to sign up for weekly activities. Participants who complete the program will receive a completion medal and certificate.
REGISTER FOR OPTIONAL WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
Registration in SRC is required in order to attend optional weekly activities. Optional weekly activities have a limit of 25 attendees. Sign-up is free and is available on a first-come first-served basis.
Optional Activity Schedule (sign-up required):
- Preschool (ages 4-6): Wednesdays 10:30-11:30
- Primary (ages 7-9): Wednesdays 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Tween (ages 10-12): Thursdays 1:00pm-3:00pm
Optional Drop-in Activity Schedule (sign-up not required):
- Weekly scavenger hunts (anytime)
- Additional drop-in activities will be held on selected Fridays. Check our website calendar for updates.
- DOn’t miss our SRC 2018 Special Entertainer “Andy the Musical Scientist” on Friday, July 20 at 10:45am!