What may I borrow?
Almost anything in our collection!
Certain exceptions can’t be borrowed and are meant to be read within the library:
- Current magazine issues
- Reference materials
How many may I borrow?
You may borrow 50 titles in total at any given time.
How long may I keep items?
Print-Disabled and Home Service patrons may keep items for 6 weeks.
Material may be renewed up to 2 times as long as it is not reserved by another patron. You can renew all items (with the exception of Outlook Online-initiated interlibrary loans) online through your library account, in person, or over the phone.
Extended Use Fees
Fees are levied depending on your type of library card in order to encourage the timely return of library materials. Please talk to us if you have inadvertently incurred fees that you cannot afford.
- Adult Card: 15 cents per day to maximum of $5 per title
- Youth Card (13-18 years old): 10 cents per day to maximum of $5 per title
- Child Card (12 and under): Overdue fines not charged.
Borrowing privileges are suspended when charges reach $10.00!
Books that are overdue for six months or longer will be declared lost and the replacement cost of the item will be levied.
Parents/guardians are responsible for materials signed out on their children’s cards. Replacement cost charges for lost & damaged items apply. Children’s Cards may only be used for items for children’s use.
Borrow from Other Libraries
Library members who are looking for a title that we do not have in our collection can request items from other libraries…
- by placing a hold on an item through our online catalogue
- for items not available on the catalogue, requesting through Outlook Online
Can’t find it?
Suggest a purchase!
A Daisy Reader is available for borrowing. We also stock a large collection of audiobooks on CD, and have access to a large collection of audiobooks which may be downloaded.
Creston Valley Public Library is proud to partner with the National Network of Equitable Library Service (NNELS) to provide wider access to print materials in digital form for people with print disabilities.
- Have your library card number and password handy (the same one you use for your library account; contact us if you don’t know what it is). If you have not already done so, you must first confirm your eligibility through the library before you can access this service.
- Click here to log in: https://nnels.ca/organizations/creston-public-library.
- Enter your library card number and password.
- When logging in for the first time, you will be asked to read over the NNELS Terms and Conditions. If you agree with them (and you must agree in order to proceed), check the “Accept Terms & Conditions of Use” box at the bottom of the page.