Centre for Equitable Library Access
Centre for Equitable Library Access Collection
Creston Public Library offers access to a collection of over 1 million books, magazines, newspapers in a choice of accessible formats for people with a print disability through the Centre for Equitable Library Access.
- Enjoy a full range of subjects, genres, classics and award winners
- Select from favourites for kids, teens, and adults
- Stay up to date with 50 newspapers and 150 magazines
- Choose your preferred format: audio, e-text or braille.
- Download books or receive home delivery by mail
Access to the CELA collection is available to people who are unable to read conventional print due to a disability, which includes:
- Learning disability: an impairment relating to comprehension of print
- Physical disability: the inability to hold or manipulate a book
- Visual disability: severe or total impairment of sight or the inability to focus or move one’s eyes.
How to sign up for CELA
Sign up for CELA service with your public library card, or contact Creston Public Library at 250-428-4141 for assistance.
Access to the collection is offered in a number of ways
- Download books or magazines to your computer or mobile device, such as an iPhone
- Download books or magazines to a DAISY player over a wireless connection without using a computer
- Receive audio CDs or braille mailed directly to your home.
The CELA website can be found at: celalibrary.ca