Lynda Transition to LinkedIn Learning
Lynda.com has been migrated to LinkedIn Learning. You can access LinkedIn Learning at This Link, and your learning history from Lynda.com will be transferred to LinkedIn Learning.
Why is the change happening?
LinkedIn acquired Lynda.com in 2015, and has slowly been transitioning the service and its features to their own platform and brand.
The Library’s Lynda.com account was scheduled to migrate to the new LinkedIn Learning platform on March 25, 2021. Lynda.com will not be available after the transfer date. Now you will be able to access LinkedIn Learning at this link or https://crestonlibrary.com/research/databases/complete-list/
What changes can I expect?
- This online learning tool is still free through the Library.
- All of your favourite courses are still available.
- Users now have access to a library of over 16,000 courses. With Lynda.com, users had access to 7,000 English courses. LinkedIn Learning for Library will also inlcude an additional 8,000 courses and support for additional languages including French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Mandarin, and Portuguese.
- Playlists will become Collections.
- LinkedIn Learning also has a new customisable interface, and optional integration with the LinkedIn social media platform.
- You can connect your LinkedIn Learning account to your personal LinkedIn profile if you have one.
- LinkedIn has a very helpful FAQ for all other questions, here
Do I need to have a LinkedIn account to use LinkedIn Learning?
No, library users only need a library card number and PIN to access content.
How do I transfer from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning?
Nothing is required of you to make the transfer.
Your user history will move with you – it is tied to your library card. When the upgrade is complete, your user history will be in your new LinkedIn Learning for Library account under your existing library card number and PIN.
If you have been issued a new library card and PIN different from the one you had used to access Lynda.com, please note that your learning history won’t transfer over.
How do I access LinkedIn Learning for the first time?
Once the upgrade is complete (on or after March 26, 2021), you will be able to log into the new LinkedIn Learning platform.
- Go to LinkedIn Learning at :https://www.linkedin.com/learning-login/go/account/74409132
- Log in with your library card and PIN – this is the information that LinkedIn Learning will use to sync your learning history from Lynda.com.
Please note that your Lynda.com learning history may not appear right away. Once you log into LinkedIn Learning, it will use your library card number to retrieve your history from Lynda.com, but it may take a day or two to finish transferring the data.
What should I know about privacy?
You will only be required to login with your library card number and PIN and will not be identified in any other way.
Without identifying you, LinkedIn Learning will make Creston Public Library’s overall learning data available to Creston Public Library for reporting purposes at the aggregate level.
Questions? Reach out to use at email@example.com or call us at 250-428-4141.