Our databases have lots of information from trusted sources that’s typically not available through the Internet. You’ll need your library card to log into some of them.
||Encyclopedia of British Columbia Online (In-Library use only) – BC people, places, arts, history, literature and more are covered in this special online encyclopedia. Includes articles, photographs, video and sound clips, web links, handy statistics, maps and diagrams.
||KnowBC Online (In-Library use only) includes:
- Encyclopedia of British Columbia: with more than 4,000 entries and 1,500 accompanying photographs, maps, charts and tables, as well as sound and video clips.
- Marine Life of the Pacific Northwest: A Photographic Encyclopedia of Invertebrates, Seaweeds and Selected Fishes
- The Encyclopedia of Raincoast Place Names: A Complete Reference to Coastal British Columbia
- Far West: The Story of British Columbia
- Raincoast Chronicles 20: Lilies and Fireweed: Frontier Women of British Columbia
- Where Mountains Meet the Sea: A History of Coastal BC